Sunday, February 21, 2010

Updates

Wow, has it really been three weeks? I've been mad busy.

Done off the to-do lists: called FedEx and UPS for quotes/packages for shipping; placed uline order; shredding; made and went to doctor's appointment; made and went to haircut appointments; tried out for play, got part in play, went to 6 play rehearsals; organized and cleaned the kitchen; organized and cleaned the living room; spoke to insurance agent to get price quotes for liability insurance; bought a digital camera for "before" and "after" pictures; bought a cell phone; took two loads to storage; bought a laptop and accessories; bought new clothes so I can look more professional.

I got so far as to print out the Tax ID forms, figuring I'd be more likely to fill them out off-line. Then, when I had time to fill them out, I couldn't find them. Frustrating.

That's all I can remember at the moment. That's all in addition to the normal running of the household- laundry, bills, cleaning, cooking, my homework, son's homework, etc.

I should point out something that took up an enormous amount of time. My finacee had health problems that needed immediate and radical attention. He did an organic vegetable juice and herbal tea fast for three weeks. There were also massages and special baths daily, among other things. This took up about 75% of my day for 21 days in a row. I'm happy to say it all was worth it. He lost 30 lbs, the pains in his chest are gone, his overall health has improved, and his blood sugar is down an average of 85 points a day.

Everyone is already besieging me for salves. My daughter is going to sell them as a distributor, and she reminds me every day how much she hates her current job. Lots of pressure. I'm too stressed to meditate, I just burn the incense so the smell can relax me some.

I'm currently reading Ogilvy on Advertising, looking for any kind of advice on advertising I can get from the best. When that book is done, I have a stack of another half-dozen waiting for me. Since time is at a premium, I carry them around and read in the tub, on the toilet, on the treadmill or bike at the gym, whenever I can. I've done the same in the past for starting my own business, writing a business plan, how to research, market research, etc. You don't just wake up one day with the knowledge of how to run a business. You have to do your homework.

Ironically, one of the other books I'm reading, 2010 Megatrends, starts out by talking about how important it is to meditate!

No play rehearsals this week, which gives me time to put the pedal to the metal and get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment